The Mission of the Mad River Valley Backcountry Coalition is to provide safe and sustainable non-motorized multiple-use trails and backcountry ski/snowboard zones for the enjoyment of area residents and visitors.
We are here to
• Serve as a voice for those who value access to non-motorized winter recreation in the Mad River Valley and adjacent areas.
• Promote self-propelled, winter recreation such as backcountry skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing on public and private lands by maintaining trails, glades and trail access in an ecologically responsible manner.
• Promote environmental awareness, responsible trail use, and backcountry safety.
• Assist, where requested or appropriate, through information gathering, education and public service, in the management of glades and trails.
MRVBC is a chapter of the Catamount Trail Association's (CTA)
Executive Committee (Officers)
- Steve Sharp (President)
- Jito Coleman (Vice President)
- Wendy Bridgewater (Treasurer)
- Kevin Russell (Secretary)
At-Large Board Members
- Ben Bridgewater
- Mike Brouillette
- RJ Thompson
- Kate Sudhoff
- David Goodman
- Brian Mohr
- Kate Wanner