Lincoln Gap (Saturday, March 7th)
Must RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5th to join
Skill Level: Expert (please read rating system below)
Description: Skin up Lincoln Gap Rd to Sunset Rock. Return via naturally gladed terrain (within the GMNF) to car. Option to ski down road. About 5 miles round trip. Route may change based on conditions. End the day stop at the brewery in Waitsfield.
- Meeting Place: Top of Lincoln Gap Rd in Warren (VT) where plowing ends (https://goo.gl/maps/yXRNUtJTrpVKhdrD7). Please carpool if you can, parking is very limited.
- Start Time: 9:00AM (please arrive 15 minutes early)
- End Time: ~3:00PM
- Recommended Gear: Skins required. Shaped backcountry skis (splitboard is workable for this tour, but there is a flat run-out in places). Lunch, backpack, extra layers, and ski repair kit.
- Liability Waiver (tour leader will have a copy at the trailhead)
What you should know about our tours
MRVBC's tours are designed to introduce advanced skiers/riders to
- Backcountry skiing/riding opportunities in the Valley, and
- Like-minded BC skiers/riders.
MRVBC's tours are NOT designed to teach you how to
- Use your backcountry gear,
- Ski/ride in the backcountry,
- Handle backcountry emergencies.
Difficulty Rating System
All MRVBC tours are for advanced skiers and riders only.
- Expert: Confident skiing/riding all black diamond trails and glades at local VT ski areas. Skilled in powder, comfortable skiing steep tight "shwacky" trees, capable of skiing less than stellar un-groomed snow conditions, ski BC at least a few times a year.
- Advanced: Comfortably ski/ride black diamond trails and glades at local VT ski areas. Comfortable in powder, powder in trees and ungroomed snow. Have done some BC, know how to use your BC gear.
Please read the following information.