2019 Fall Trail Work Days
If you enjoy working in the woods and have some time to spare, please join the Valley's CTA Trail Chiefs in the their annual effort to clear the Catamount Trail of blow-downs, branches, and brush.
Things You’ll Need
You’ll need lunch, water, long pants, work gloves, hiking boots, and a pair of loppers or a handsaw. Pack or wear blaze orange as many of these dates occur during hunting season. Bring a friend, give back to the trails you enjoy, and help CTA provide trail users with great experiences this winter.
Always contact the Trip Leader in advance to confirm meeting times and locations, as they are subject to change.
Sunday, October 20, 2019
- Section 18 South: Lincoln Gap To Sugarbush Golf Course
- Trail Chief: Phil & Audrey Huffman
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Skinny: We'll meet at 9:00 AM on West Hill Road in Warren, about ¼-mile south of the West Hill House B&B. For those who have the time and inclination to cover the whole section, it usually takes around 4-5 hours. We will carpool to Lincoln Gap on the Warren side, and then work our way north on the Trail down to West Hill Road. If you can only make it for an hour or two, we’d still be grateful for your help! You can head in directly from West Hill Road and work toward the south on an out-and-back for whatever time you can spare. The terrain is rugged, remote and wet in places, so plan accordingly – with work gloves, gaiters, waterproof boots, warm layers, food, water, and hot drinks. We'll have several pairs of loppers, a hand saw, a brushcutter, and a chainsaw, but if you have your own favorite trail tools, feel free to bring them along. If you can make it, please let Audrey know by email by 8:00 PM on Saturday.
- Rain Date: Sunday, October 27th
Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Section 19: Route 17 to Camel’s Hump Road
- Trail Chief: Paul Demers
- Contact: email@example.com
- Section 18 North: Sugarbush Golf Course to Battlegrounds
- Trail Chief: Lauren & Geoff Slater
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org